The prices of the medical services in Israel
It is no secret that Israel is one of the highest ranking country with popular medical tourism. Israel has achieved his place owing to the high level of medicine, doctors' professionalism, continuous introduction of advanced treatment methods and technologies and, of course, prices of the medical services.
The cost of treatment in Israel, as well as in Herzliya Medical Center depends on many factors and usually, it is possible to say exactly the price of forthcoming therapy only after thorough diagnostics in Israeli clinic. The factors which could affect the cost of treatment include:
- The medical field, in which the patient needs medical assistance. For example, the general surgical procedures are less expensive, than orthopedic surgery.
- The patient's condition at his (or her) arrival in Israel. A sick person who doesn't require round-the-clock care and monitoring could go through necessary procedures like outpatient. In the case when, a patient needs a hospitalization, the final cost of treatment in Israel would be significantly increased.
- The quality of patient's X-ray images and histological specimens. Usually, patients bring with themselves CD with radiograms, and in a case of oncological disease, paraffin blocks with a verified tumor. Unfortunately, sometimes the quality of X-ray images and histological specimens is insufficient. In such cases, a patient should be directed to the re-examination for better diagnostic.
- Medication treatment. Often, patients do not need surgical intervention and require the only drug therapy. Medicines of Israeli origin are more expensive than similar drugs from Russia and Ukraine however, they are more qualitative. A patient should decide is he ready to pay more for more effective medicaments. It's important to point out that Israeli clinics offer a home delivery of medicines from Israel to foreign patients.
- The duration of required procedures may increase the cost with regards to accommodation and food.
- A medical facility in which patient is treated. Prices in public sector clinics differ from prices in private medical facilities, as well as, the cost of treatment in the center of the country differs from the prices in clinics in suburban areas of the country.
- To contact a hospital directly or through agents. In a case of contacting the Herzliya Medical Center directly using this official clinic web-site, patients receive a less expensive medical services because save money on treatment organization by agents.
The cost of treatment in the "Herzliya Medical Center"
"Herzliya Medical Center" is the leading private medical centre in Israel proposing the high level of medicine, as well as, high-class service. The cost of treatment in "Herzliya Medical Center" doesn’t exceed an average value in Israel. For example:
|Procedure Name||Price in $|
|Consultation with the specialist||from 500|
|Hospitalization at normal warm (per day)||from 965|
|Hospitalization at Intensive Care Unit (per day)||from 3615|
|Rehabilitation services (per day)||from 150|
|Blood and urine tests||from 175|
|Biopsy (CT guided)||from 3200|
|Biopsy (Cytology)||from 135|
|Ultrasound examination||from 440|
|X-ray of the uterus and fallopian tubes||from 440|
|Doppler ultrasonography of internal organs||from 650|
|Positron emission tomography (PET)||from 1800|
|Radionuclide bone scan||from 530|
|CT (Computed Tomography) of a body area||from 680|
|CT (Computed Tomography) of all body||from 1360|
|Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) contrast agents||from 1400|
|X-ray examination||from 140|
|Radionuclide scanning of internal organs||from 530|
|EEG examination (Electroencephalography)||from 450|
|Cardiology and cardiac surgery procedures|
|Coronary artery bypass grafting (cost of aortography and shunt is included)||from 30000|
|Doppler echocardiography (Doppler ultrasonography of heart)||from 585|
|Replacing a heart valve||from 33000|
|Radionuclide scanning of heart with Thallium (Thallium Stress Test)||from 1400|
|Virtual coronary angiography||from 1720|
|Holter monitoring||from 350|
|Vascular Surgery Procedures|
|Doppler ultrasonography of the carotid arteries||from 585|
|Unilateral varicose veins treatment||from 13000|
|Femoral-popliteal bypass graft surgery||from 20000|
|Removal of the uterus (hysterectomy)||from 10150|
|IVF (in vitro fertilization)||from 5500|
|Colposcopy and biopsy||from 1800|
|Surgical laparoscopy||from 10000|
|Mastectomy with reconstruction||from 5830|
|Diagnostic Arthroscopy||from 3000|
|Surgical Arthroscopy||from 5500|
|Hip Replacement Surgery (one hip)||from 23000|
|Knee Replacement Surgery||from 23000|
|Spinal disc herniation surgery||from 15000|
|Cervical disc herniation surgery||from 22000|
|Prostatectomy (open)||from 10000|
|Prostatitis Treatment||from 4500|
|Transurethral resection of the prostate||from 12500|
|Cystoscopic examination of the bladder||from 1900|
|Cystoscopic examination of the bladder|
|Vitrectomy Surgery||from 9900|
|Replacing the lens (the prosthesis is included)||from 6500|
|Preventive course of laser therapy||from 2475|
|Treatment of retinal detachment||from 9000|
|Cataract removal||from 6500|
|Modern corneal transplantation||from 10000|
|Eye Blood Vessel Imaging (Fluorescein Angiography)||from 680|
|Removing the tumor||from 35000|
|Microsurgical reconstruction of spinal pathologies and peripheral nerves||from 32000|
|General Surgery Procedures|
|Hernia Repair||from 8000|
|Removal of the gallbladder (cholecystectomy)||from 6500|
|Removal of the breast with lymph node dissection (mastectomy)||from 7800|
|Removal of breast tumors||from 5500|
|Resection of the esophagus, stomach, colon, pancreas (with hospitalization during 2 weeks)||from 22000|
|Removal of the left (right) half of the colon (hemicolectomy)||from 15200|
|Removal of lung tumors (with hospitalization during 2 weeks)||from 15800|
|Resection of the thyroid gland (hospitalization up to 3 days)||from 5200|
|Gastroscopy, including biopsy||from 1250|
|Oncological procedures (prices of each type of cancer)|
|Removal of brain tumors (hospitalization during 2 weeks)||from 32000|
|Removal of the breast tumors (3 days hospitalization)||from 14000|
|Hysterectomy for cervical adenocarcinoma (minimally invasive)||from 14000|
|Open hysterectomy for cervical adenocarcinoma (hospitalization during 5 days)||from 14000|
|Aesthetic medicine and Cosmetic Surgery procedures|
|Breast reconstruction (after removal), the installation of the prosthesis, the formation of skin-muscle flap||from 12500|
For more information and receiving prices of treatment and required procedures in private clinic Herzliya Medical Center, please, fill out the contact form and our medical consultant will contact you within the shortest possible period.
Prices for treatment in Israel compared to other countries
Israel proposes the high-level medical service at prices which on average 30 - 50% lower than in American or European clinics. There are countries which offer cheaper medical service than in Israel, for example, Turkey, Greece or other. However, it's important to point out that these countries are still far from the level of the medicine in Israeli, USA or Europe. Due to this fact, their prices of treatment are comparatively low. The patient should decide for himself, what is more important, the cost or quality of medical services.