Chronic Lymphoblastic Leukemia in Israel
Modern treatment of chronic lymphocytic leukemia in Israel is carried out by professional oncology specialists at Herzliya Medical Center leading private hospital. The treatment of malignant blood diseases based on the latest scientific developments is aimed at increasing efficiency, improving prognosis and reducing the side effects of drugs. Herzliya Medical Center private hospital is known far beyond the borders of Israel for providing high quality medical services, first class hospitalization standards and excellent, attentive staff.
What is typical of chronic lymphocytic leukemia (LCC)?
Chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL) is also called chronic lymphoblastic leukemia - a type of blood cancer which is characterized by the appearance of atypical lymphocytes infiltrating lymph nodes, liver, spleen and bone marrow, disrupting the normal process of hematopoiesis and reducing immune system function. Unlike the majority of leukemia, chronic lymphocytic leukemia progresses relatively slowly and most often affects middle-aged and elderly people. Timely diagnosis and treatment of this type of blood cancer ensures effective monitoring of disease progression and allows you to save health for long years.
Symptoms of chronic lymphocytic leukemia
Chronic lymphocytic leukemia is characterized by an insidious onset, which can complicate its early diagnosis. Chronic lymphoblastic leukemia is often suspected when changes are detected in routine blood tests before clinical signs. The main symptoms that require exclusion of blood cancer are:
- Painless swelling of the lymph nodes. Increased subcutaneous lymph nodes may be visible or determined during palpation. Increased internal nodes sometimes accidentally determined by fluoroscopic study.
- Enlarged liver and spleen
- Developing anemia (anemia) is the general cause for weakness, paleness, dizziness, and fatigue. Anemia develops as a consequence of infiltration of bone marrow cancer cells responsible for blood formation
- Tendency to bleed because of the progressive reduction of platelets (thrombocytopenia)
- Fever and chills
- Sweating, especially at night
- Unexplained significant of weight loss
- Propensity to infections due to a decreased immune system function
- Timely access to specialists enables them to diagnose and in most cases completely cure the disease long before severe and irreversible complications.
Diagnosis of chronic lymphocytic leukemia in Israel
Diagnosis of chronic lymphocytic leukemia in Israel is carried out using specialized high-precision tests to not only detect the presence of malignant blood diseases, but also to determine the prognosis and optimal program needed for treatment. Herzliya Medical Center leading private hospital in Israel holds all the necessary diagnostic tools including:
- Laboratory blood tests to help you determine leukocyte violation and the severity and type of anemia and thrombocytopenia. In the laboratory, HMC also conducts specific immunological tests for the presence of genetic mutations of lymphocytes necessary for the proper selection of further treatment
- A biopsy of the lymph nodes, spleen and bone marrow puncture in order to obtain samples for histological analysis, allowing accurate diagnosis
- Methods for identifying lesions of the internal organs caused by leukemia, such as CT, PET-CT and MRI
- Herzliya Medical Center patients have an opportunity to receive advice from specialists under one medical institution, which greatly simplifies and speeds up the diagnosis.
Treatment of chronic lymphocytic leukemia in Israel
Herzliya Medical Center has successfully applied progressive methods of treatment for chronic lymphocytic leukemia in Israel which include:
- Chemotherapy. This is the main method of treating acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Modern anticancer drugs completely or significantly slow the growth of cancer cells, preventing further spread of the disease.
- Targeted therapy for lymphatic leukemia is characterized by a selective effect on cancer cells, minimizing the deleterious effects of chemotherapy on the whole body.
- Bone marrow transplantation in CLL is used for chemotherapy-resistant type of leukemia, as well as recurrent forms of the disease and is aimed for the complete destruction of malignant lesions followed by the donation of healthy stem cell quickly restoring the normal process of hematopoiesis.
- Maintenance treatment in severe forms of anemia and thrombocytopenia, including the use of blood products allow patients to successfully overcome the worsening of the disease.
- Prevention and treatment of infectious complications with effective antimicrobial and antiviral drugs.
- The medical staff at Herzliya Medical Center private hospital guarantee individual approach and comprehensive support throughout the entire treatment period.