Vascular Surgery in Israel
The Department of Vascular Surgery in Israel at Herzliya Medical Center specializes in the treatment of pathologies of the blood and the lymph vessels. Treatment in Israel is carried out with the use of novel therapeutic agents and the use of innovative methods of endovascular surgery.
Why Choose HMC for Vascular Surgery
The Department of Vascular Surgery at HMC conducts extensive medical interventions that range in the level of complexity. Successful interventions include treatment of the main blood vessels, microsurgical repair to restore capillary circulation, angioplasties and stenting.
The Department of Vascular Surgery at Herzliya Medical Center collaborates with leading Israeli surgeons, recognized experts in the field of diagnosis and treatment of vascular diseases. Specialists at HMC have:
- In-depth training in the field of vascular surgery
- Several years of practical experience in the implementation of large-scale open surgeries Of the blood and lymph vessels
- Extensive experience in microsurgical and endovascular procedures
The treatment in Israel of vascular surgery involves the collaborative approach of experts in many fields of medicine, such as cardiologists and cardiac surgeons, neurologists and neurosurgeons, radiologists and rehabilitation specialists. The department's structured multidisciplinary model allows for effective treatment plan strategies, each designed and tailored according to the needs of the individual patient.
Vascular Surgery Procedures at HMC:
- Endovascular and open surgery for all types of prosthetic aortic aneurysm - thoracic (chest), abdominal and thoracoabdominal aortic aneurysms. Implantation of the bifurcation and linear cellular stent grafts
- Open and endovascular surgery on blood and lymph vessels, balloon angioplasty, stenting
- Carotid endarterectomy and carotid stenting
- Bypass surgery, peripheral vascular, endovascular treatment of peripheral vascular disease, the treatment of gangrene of the limbs
- Surgical treatment of peripheral vascular aneurysms - open and endovascular surgery
- Treatment for varicose veins of the lower extremities and venous trophic ulcers
- Restoration of patency of the veins of the lower extremities, phlebotomy, microsurgical operations on the veins
- Installation of hemodialysis catheters
- Surgical treatment of vascular malformations syndrome
The Department of vascular surgery conducts intensive research work in accordance to the numerous surgeries performed. Leading surgeons are actively involved in clinical research, many presenting their work at prestigious Israeli and international conferences; as well as articles and reviews of their clinical cases published in professional journals, both in Israel and abroad.