Pediatrics in Israel
Pediatrics in Israel is one of the major areas of modern medicine dedicated to caring and treating children with numerous health-related conditions. The Department of Pediatrics at the leading private clinic of Herzliya Medical Center is highly regarded in this field, with a high professional level of specialists, pediatricians, extensive clinical staff experience and advanced medical equipment. Each child, whether an infant, toddler or adolescent, are provided with a unique, personalized treatment plan that is created by renowned specialists in Israel. The staff of HMC are incredibly dedicated in providing a warm, family- and child-friendly environment to further influence a child’s full recuperation and regain their childhood.
Why Choose HMC for Pediatrics
The indisputable advantage of pediatrics in Israel is its highest professional and technological level of medicine that meets the most stringent international standards. The availability of all the latest diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, as well as the leading experts of the country all at HMC, guarantee unparalleled quality of health services, in addition:
- Pediatricians are highly qualified and specialize in the primary, secondary and tertiary care of children
- Efficiency based on the use of the latest developments in the field of pediatrics, integrated with effective, high-quality drugs
- Maximized safety of diagnostic and therapeutic procedures with the introduction of innovative, minimally invasive technologies
- The optimal ratio of cost and quality of medical services
Features of Treatment of Children in Israel
A distinctive feature of pediatrics in Israel is the unique, professional approach of pediatricians’ in solving the health concerns of a child, based on age, physiological and psychological characteristics that significantly distinguish them from an adult’s case. Pediatric hospitals and outpatient centers meet the required features for the tailored, personalized treatment of children in Israel. Pediatricians recognize the inextricable link its young patients and their parents have, allowing for constant support in optimal conditions of hospitalization.
Pediatric Specialties at HMC
Herzliya Medical Center offers consultations with specialists and treatment conducted in all sectors of modern pediatrics. Following a degenerative or debilitative disease, rehabilitation in pediatrics forms an essential role in optimizing the health and well-being of a child. Pediatrics at Herzliya Medical Center is not limited to surgical procedures and assistance in the acute stage of disease. Other main specialties’ include:
- Children's Oncology and Hematology-Oncology – the latest, highly effective treatment of cancer and malignant diseases in children, including bone marrow transplantation
- Pediatric Cardiology - leading Center of Israel, specializing in the diagnosis and treatment of congenital heart defects. In addition to open-heart surgery, surgeons perform unique, minimally invasive and endoscopic procedures that safely restore the functional capacity of the heart with minimal risk of postoperative complications
- Pediatric Endocrinology and the treatment of insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus (diabetes of the first type). Unique methods of diagnosis and treatment can prevent the development of irreversible changes in the body of a child suffering from disorders of the endocrine glands. The clinic also perform the implantation of insulin pumps that allow to effectively control blood sugar levels
- Pediatric Orthopedics – numerous surgeries to correct congenital malformations and acquired disorders of the musculoskeletal system, including post-injuries and previous surgeries that were unsuccessful
- Pediatric Gastroenterology - widely use endoscopic procedures of diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the esophagus, stomach and intestines
- Pediatric Surgery - endoscopic procedures such as laparoscopy and thoracoscopy, as well as conducting abdominal procedures
- Pediatric Neurology and Neurosurgery – numerous procedures varying in degrees of complexity, as well as diagnosis and conservative treatment of diseases of the central nervous system
- Genetic counseling and treatment of diseases transmitted by inheritance
Herzliya Medical Center treats patients from around the world that suffer from functional impairments, which prevent normal growth and development. Treatment of childhood diseases requires not only a high level of professionalism, but also a qualified integrated approach to prevent severe psychological disorders caused by the disease, hospitalization, and the need for numerous research, diagnostic and therapeutic procedures. Top experts in the field of pediatrics are part of a multidisciplinary team of medical treatment in Israel, at Herzliya Medical Center; the private hospital pays special attention to the care of young patients in the preoperative and postoperative period. The high professionalism of staff and the use of the latest technologies minimize the risk of postoperative complications and hospital-acquired infections. A strictly individualized approach to prevention and treatment of pain in children also contributes to the speedy recovery and return to an active childhood.