Knee Replacement Surgery in Israel
The development of modern orthopedics can solve diseases of large joints (osteoarthritis) effectively and to completely restore a range of motion, as well as to eliminate pain and discomfort. A full knee replacement in Israel is one of the main types of surgeries carried out by leading orthopedic surgeons at "Herzliya Medical Center" private hospital using the most progressive techniques. The high professional level of its orthopedic clinic in conjunction with excellent equipment can achieve impressive results, which are appreciated by thousands of grateful patients.
Anatomical and Physiological Features of the Knee
The knee joint is one of the large joints of the body, which has a large load, bearing the total body mass daily. The complex anatomical structure of the joint creates a robust and flexible connection of the femur, tibia and patella. Powerful ligaments stabilize the joint, limiting its excessive mobility. The need to confront the enormous stress causes the presence of a unique structure that acts as a natural shock absorber - intra-articular cartilage, which provides smooth operation and prevents damage to the articular surfaces of bones.
When a Knee Surgery Required?
The knee joint is susceptible to numerous diseases and age-related changes, reducing its ability to function. Most often, surgery for knee replacement is performed in Israel caused by the following diseases:
- Degenerative joint disease - (osteoarthritis), as a consequence of age-related changes or metabolic disorders, leading to irreversible changes in the cartilage. This is the most frequent reason for the limitation of motor function in middle and old age
- Traumatic joint injury - intra-articular fractures, sprains and ligament tear of the knee joint unit with the impossibility of a full recovery. The weakening of the ligaments can lead to pathological mobility and rapid wear of the cartilage with the development of secondary osteoarthritis
- Chronic inflammatory processes, including the effects of rheumatoid arthritis
- Complication of systemic diseases (e.g. hemophilia with the development of intra-articular hemorrhage) leading to secondary damage to the joint
- Excess of body weight, creating increased stress on the joints and the provocative early osteoarthritis
Orthopedic specialists at "Herzliya Medical Center" Private Hospital carefully weigh the possibility of conservative medical treatment, as well as minimally invasive endoscopic surgery. With the ineffectiveness of drugs, a full knee replacement surgery (arthroplasty) is recommended.
Knee Joint Disease Diagnosis in Israel
At "Herzliya Medical Center" Private Hospital, patients undergo all kinds of necessary diagnostic procedures to accurately assess the damage to the knee joint and to determine the type of operation. The main methods of diagnosis of diseases of the knee joint in Israel are:
- X-ray examination in different projections
- MRI of the knee
- Diagnostic puncture
- Knee arthroscopy is both a diagnostic procedure and an attempt to conduct minimally invasive arthroplasty. Knee arthroscopy gives doctors a clear view of the inside of the knee. This helps them diagnose and treat knee problems.
Knee Joint Replacemnent Surgery in Israel
Orthopedic specialists of the Orthopedic Department at "Herzliya Medical Center" have a long and successful experience in conducting a knee replacement operation, using the latest high-quality implants made of plastic, metal or polymer. The materials from which dentures (prosthesis) are made are characterized by high strength and is neutral for the organism, i.e., do not cause allergic reactions or rejection. Knee surgery in Israel is carried out under general or spinal anesthesia to completely eliminate the pain. The type of anesthesia, type of prosthesis and the method of operation is determined by a team of doctors depending also on the individual characteristics of each patient. The application of modern orthopedic technology minimizes the postoperative period of hospitalization. At discharge, patients receive detailed recommendations for a speedy recovery of limb function.
Orthopedic specialists at "Herzliya Medical Center" Private Hospital guarantee a personal approach to address the health needs of each patient, based on professional knowledge and responsibility for the outcome of orthopedic treatment in Israel.