Hip Replacement Surgery in Israel
Hip joint replacement in Israel is one of the most common orthopedic operations, allowing to fully restore mobility impaired as a result of age-related changes or due to a hip fracture. Replacement of large joints is the primary method of radical treatment of irreversible changes (arthrosis) affecting motor function and patients’ quality of life.
Specialists of the Orthopedic Department at the leading private hospital "Herzliya Medical Center," through innovative surgical techniques have achieved impressive results in hip replacement surgery in Israeland greatly expanded the indications for this operation.
"Herzliya Medical Center" Private Hospital is an example of unsurpassed quality standards of medical services which include the professionalism of medical staff; doctors and nurses and the comfort and humane treatment they provide to patients.
Structure and function of the hip joint
Hip joint is the largest joint of the human body, connecting the head of the femur to the pelvis.Its unique anatomical structure allows to achieve a high range of motion in three axes (flexion and extension, abduction and adduction, external and internal rotation).
Every joint is subjected to enormous loads from walking, physical activity and carrying heavy loads.
Powerful joint ligaments provide strength and stability of the compound.The articular surface of the bones are covered with hyaline cartilage, providing smooth movement and preventing friction.The presence of major anatomical structures require a good blood supply to the joint, which provides outlet for major arteries of the pelvis and hips.Violations occurring in one or more components can lead to permanent damage, often intractable to conservative treatment.
Indications for surgery for hip joint replacement in Israel
A number of diseases (e.g. arthrosis), as well as age-related changes, can lead to a disruption of the normal functioning of the hip joint.Conservative treatments of inflammatory and degenerative processes do not eliminate their cause, have a temporary effect and significant side effects, narrowing the indications for their long-term use.Endoprosthesis is able to permanently solve the problem and ensure the normal functioning of the joint.The main indications for hip replacement surgery in Israel are:
- Age-related changes in the hip joint and the manifestation of progressive arthrosis.Degenerative cartilage changes lead to the increased friction of the articular surfaces, causing chronic aseptic (non-infectious) inflammation of a joint, accompanied by increased pain when walking.Consequences of osteoarthritis and age-related changes are the primary indication for a routine replacement
- Consequences of rheumatoid arthritis, arthritis and diseases of infectious origin
- Traumatic disorders, in particular hip fracture.Most hip fractures in both young and old age are accompanied by a displacement of the femoral head, which causes acute disturbance of blood supply to the risk of necrosis. Risk of post-traumatic avascular necrosis of the femoral head is an indication for hip operation in patients of all ages
- Circulatory joint disorders of non-traumatic origin
- Cell tumor of bone or joint capsule
Diagnosis of diseases of the hip joint in Israel
Medical Specialists at "Herzliya Medical Center" Private Hospital developed an individual patient screening program in order to install the indications for surgical treatment.Among the main methods of diagnosis of diseases of the hip joint in Israel should be noted:
- Radiography in different projections
- Ultrasonography (USG) of the hip joint
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Angiography using a contrast agent
- Isotope bone scan
- Diagnostic puncture
- Laboratory testing of blood and synovial fluid for diagnosis of inflammation or other pathological process
Hip joint replacement in Israel
Orthopedics at "Herzliya Medical Center" Private Hospital carry out all kinds of hip joint replacement operations including a partial or complete replacement.
During the operation, high-quality implants are applied which are neutral to the human body.Surgery on the hip is performed under general or spinal anesthesia.During partial hip replacement the surgeon removes the femoral head and neck, which is replaced by the prosthesis.If the surgeon performs a complete replacement, along with the femoral prosthesis a replacement of the entire articular surface is performed.In the postoperative period, patients undergo a full rehabilitation in order to return to a normal lifestyle.
Orthopedic specialists at "Herzliya Medical Center" Private Hospital guarantee an individual approach for each case of a hip operation, providing full information about recommended surgery and the advantages and disadvantages of each method.High professionalism and responsibility for the results of the treatment are the main principles of HMC.