Uterine Cancer Treatment in Israel
The experts of the Gynecological Oncology Department at "Herzliya Medical Center" private hospital carry out effective uterine cancer treatment in Israel by the most progressive techniques.
"Herzliya Medical Center" has a superb level of professionalism and excellent technological base, allowing to immediately introduce the most advanced developments in the field of oncology, gynecology and surgery.
What is Uterine Cancer?
Uterine (endometrial) cancer is a malignant tumor deriving from glandular epithelium cells - the endothelium. Like the vast majority of malignant tumors, this type of cancer is also characterized by the ability to penetrate into the underlying layers of the uterus and surrounding tissue and lymph node metastases may also distribute in the pelvis and in more distant organs. The form of cancer that starts in the muscle layers of the uterus is called uterine sarcoma.
Uterine Cancer Symptoms
Despite the early symptoms of the disease, their nonspecific nature is often the cause of a delayed diagnosis; that is why at the first suspicion of a pathological process in the endothelium a series of diagnostic procedures should be conducted which excludes malignancy. Among the main symptoms of uterine cancer, it is important to note:
- Vaginal bleeding. Any bleeding after menopause is suspicious of cancer. You should also be subjected to differential diagnosis if bleeding occurs in the middle of the menstrual cycle, as well as when the nature of menstruation changes
- Vaginal discharge – watery or purulent
- Discomfort and pain during intercourse
- Pelvic pain when urinating or defecating - usually occur at advanced stages of the disease and suggest the involvement of adjacent organs
- Progressive anemia (anemia) as a consequence of chronic blood loss
- Signs of metastatic lesions of the internal organs (most often the liver, lungs and spine)
Uterine Dancer Diagnosis
Specialists at "Herzliya Medical Center" private hospital use the most modern instrumental and laboratory diagnostic techniques that detect the presence of tumor at the first clinical manifestations, such as:
- Ultrasound examination of the pelvis, including transvaginal ultrasound, which allows a precise inspection of the anatomical structure of the layers of the uterus in search of a suspicious tumor
- Hysteroscopy - a minimally invasive endoscopic procedure that helps specialists to visually assess the structure of the mucous membrane of the uterus and obtain a tissue sample for further laboratory research
- Histological examination of the preparations obtained by biopsy or dilatation and curettage of the endometrium (curettage). This analysis is required to install the final diagnosis and for determining the sensitivity of cancer cells to chemotherapeutic and hormonal agents and hormonal
- Laboratory diagnostic techniques, including the study of the level of tumor markers in the blood, as well as checking for the presence of genetic mutations that increase the risk of uterine cancer
- The diagnosis of tumor size and location, as well as the presence of metastatic spread of the disease by using a computer, PET and magnetic resonance imaging
"Herzliya Medical Center" conducts all necessary diagnostic procedures under one roof.
Uterine Cancer Treatment in Israel
The use of modern and effective methods of treating uterine cancer allows experts at "Herzliya Medical Center" to achieve excellent results even at advanced stages of the disease. Among the main treatments for uterine cancer in Israel should be noted:
- Radical hysterectomy - surgery to remove the uterus, appendages and regional lymph nodes is by far the most efficient method of treatment that allows to achieve a full recovery. Most of the operations to remove the uterus in "Herzliya Medical Center" are done by laparoscopic methods to minimize the recovery period and significantly reduce the risk of complications.
- Chemotherapy - modern anticancer drugs help to achieve effective control of the spread of the tumor and increase the efficiency of a complex therapy
- Radiotherapy using modern protocols ensures high performance with minimal impact on the surrounding healthy tissue. Depending on the histological type and stage of the disease, irradiation is used as a primary or adjunctive treatment. Specialists widely use an innovative method of contact radiotherapy (brachytherapy), in which the radioactive material is injected directly into the affected organ, preventing the harmful effects of radiation on the entire body.
- Hormonal therapy in cancer of the uterus is highly effective for recurrent forms of the tumor
Gynecologists-oncologists at "Herzliya Medical Center" develop personalized treatment programs based on the type of tumor, the stage of disease, the age and the presence of concomitant chronic diseases, ensuring superior quality of our medical services and the personal treatment of patients.