Gallbladder Cancer Treatment in Israel
Gallbladder cancer treatment in Israel is modern and effective which allows the vast majority of patients to recover from the disease or to achieve a stable remission.
"Herzliya Medical Center" Private Hospital specializes in the complex treatment of cancer in Israel and is known worldwide for its exceptional proficiency and rich technological basis to carry out complex surgeries.
Minimally invasive methods of surgery for the treatment of cancer and conservative treatments are practiced at HMC.
"Herzliya Medical Center” boasts leading experts in the field of oncology and surgery, ensuring the quality of care and patient safety at the highest international standards.
Gallbladder cancer is a malignant tumor that grows from squamous or glandular epithelium. The malignant nature of the disease is caused by atypical cancer cells that have the ability of rapid and uncontrolled growth, causing a breach outflow of bile, germinating in the surrounding structures of the gallbladder and spreading to distant organs through the lymphatic system. A timely diagnosis of gallbladder cancer has an important prognostic value, however, in advanced stages of the disease current medicine is unable to provide effective relief to patients.
Gallbladder Cancer Symptoms
Symptoms of the disease are caused primarily when an early disruption of normal bile flow arises.
The main symptoms of gallbladder cancer, requiring immediate treatment of qualified help, are:
- Growing pains in the abdomen, especially in the right hypochondrium. The presence of chronic inflammation or gallstones may mask the onset of malignancy, making it difficult to diagnose it in a timely manner
- Dyspepsia - nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, wearing progressive nature
- Periodically occurring fever, often accompanied by chills
- Drastic weight reduction
- Signs of the outflow of the bile - yellowing of the skin or eyes, itching, discoloration of stool and dark urine; all these are signs of the so-called obstructive jaundice caused by a tumor obstructing the output of the bile from the gallbladder
As the initial symptoms of gallbladder cancer are not strictly specific, any suspicion of a tumor requires a detailed differential diagnosis.
Diagnosis of Gallbladder Cancer in Israel
Modern diagnostic methods of gallbladder disease, have been successfully applied by specialists at "Herzliya Medical Center" Private Hospital making it possible to determine the presence of a tumor in a timely manner. Hospital patients are given the opportunity to go through all the necessary procedures used for diagnosis of gallbladder cancer in Israel, such as:
- Laboratory tests to pinpoint a disruption of the hepatic function and the presence of obstructive jaundice
- X-ray methods and diagnostic imaging procedures such as ultrasound, CT, PET-CT, MRI can not only detect the presence of tumors or metastatic lesions, but also to define the degree of the involvement in the pathological process of surrounding structures of the gastrointestinal tract, which is extremely important when planning a future treatment
- Endoscopic and minimally invasive diagnostic techniques, allowing to produce a tissue biopsy of a suspected tumor. If necessary, a diagnostic laparoscopy is performed, on the result of which an immediate surgical procedure may be decided.
Gallbladder Cancer Treatment in Israel
"Herzliya Medical Center" provides treatments of gallbladder cancer in Israel, which are based on the latest developments in leading cancer centers in the world, among which are:
- Removal of the gallbladder (cholecystectomy) and regional lymph nodes - diagnosed with initial and isolated forms of the tumor. All remote fabrics in the surgical borders and lymph nodes are thoroughly examined histologically for the presence of cancerous cells.
- Operations for common forms of gallbladder cancer may include a partial hepatectomy or a Whipple operation, under which the removal of the tumor is performed in the surrounding anatomical structures that have a common blood and lymph circulation
- Palliative operations aimed at preventing the development of jaundice in patients with advanced forms of cancer
- Chemotherapy as a primary or auxiliary treatment method has been successfully used to inhibit the growth and spread of tumors
- Radiotherapy is important in the treatment of metastatic cancers of the gallbladder
Years of experience, advanced technology and professional approach at "Herzliya Medical Center" private hospital will help overcome a severe illness, leaving no chance for the cancer to survive.
Gallbladder cancer treatment cost at Herzliya Medical Center is within reach, reasonable prices for the whole medical trip is cost effective in comparison to costs in the U.K. and the States.