Doctor Zion Zibly
Doctor Zion Zibly is a graduate of the Technion’s Faculty of Medicine in Haifa, Israel and a renowned specialist in neurosurgery at Herzliya Medical Center. He is also a senior physician at the neurosurgical department at Sheba Medical Center.
Following his fellowship in neurosurgery at Tel HaShomer Hospital, Israel, Dr. Zibly has had extensive years of experience in the treatment of benign and malignant tumors of the brain and spinal cord; this was at one of the leading centers for treatment and research in this field (National Institutes of Health, US). In addition, he has performed functional and stereotactic neurosurgery under the leadership of one of the world’s top brain surgeons, Dr. Ali Rezai at the Ohio State University, US. During his fellowship and over the course of his career Dr. Zibly has taken part in and performed hundreds of complex surgeries in cases of brain malignancies, Parkinson's, tremor and dystonia.
Doctor Zibly equally contributes in numerous neurology studies and has had his work published in several scientific journals. He has taken part in many studies and was a member of the surgical team which has performed the first brain stimulator for Alzheimer patients in USA. He is an active member in various academic societies, including the North American Association of Functional Neurosurgery and the Israeli Neurosurgical Society.
- Implantation of electrostimulators for patients with essential tremor, Parkinson's and dystonia (deep brain stimulation)
- Surgical treatment of neurological pain
- Oncological neurosurgery: treatment of brain and spinal cord benign and malignant tumors
- Since 2002 working at Sheba Medical Center, currently a senior neurosurgeon
- Leading neurosurgeon at Herzliya Medical Center
- 1995-1998- Biology Degree, Faculty of Life Science, Tel-Aviv University
- 1996-2002 - MD, Graduated from Faculty of Medicine, Technion, Haifa, Israel
- 2003-2008 - Completed residency in Neurosurgery at Tel Hashomer Hospital (Sheba Medical Center)
- 2010-2011- Radiosurgery Fellowship, Radiation Oncology Branch, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, USA
- 2011-2012- Neurosurgical Oncology Fellowship, National Institute of Neurological Disease and Stroke, National Institutes of Health, USA
- 2012-2013 - Stereotactic and Functional Neurological Surgery Fellowship, Center for Neuromodulation, Department of Neurosurgery, Ohio State University Medical Center, USA
Membership in Professional Organizations
- Israeli Neurosurgical Society
- Congress of Neurological Societies
- North American Neuromodulation Society
- European Neurosurgical Association Boards
- The Israeli Journal of Neurology (Editor)
- Clinical instructor in Functional and Stereotactic Neurosurgery, Ohio State University Medical Center, USA
- Clinical instructor in Stereotactic Radiosurgery and Surgical Neuro-Oncology, National Cancer Institute, USA
- Top 10 of interns at the Sheba Medical Center, Israel
- Focus Ultrasound Foundation research fellow grant
Publications and Articles
- Gazit I, Har-Nof S, Cohen ZR, Zibly Z, Nissim U, Spiegelmann R: Radiosurgery for brain metastases and cerebral edema. J Clin Neurosci. 2014 Dec 19. pii: S0967- 5868(14)
- Cohen ZR, Ramishetti S, Peshes-Yaloz N, Goldsmith M, Wohl A, Zibly Z, Peer D: Localized RNAi Therapeutics of Chemoresistant Grade IV Glioma Using Hyaluronan Grafted Lipid-Based Nanoparticles. ACS Nano. 2015 Jan 8.
- Zibly Z, Sharma M, Shaw A, Deogaonkar M: Peripheral field stimulation for thoracic post herpetic neuropathic pain. Clin Neurol Neurosurg. 2014 Dec;127:101-5.
- Shaw A, Mohyeldin A, Zibly Z, Ikeda D, Deogaonkar M: Novel Tunneling System for Implantation of Percutaneous Nerve Field Stimulator Electrodes: A Technical Note. Neuromodulation. 2014 Aug 14.
- Zion Zibly, Christian Graves, Sagi Harnof, Moshe Hadani, Zvi Cohen: Sonoablation and Application of MRI Guided Focused Ultrasound (MRgFUS) in a Preclinical Model. Journal of Clinical Neuroscience.
- Zibly Z, Schlaff CD, Heiss JD: Using Nanoparticles in the Diagnosis and Treatment of CNS Infection. In: Kateb B, Heiss J (eds). Nanoneurosurgery and Nanoneurology. New York: Taylor & Francis.
- See full list at: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Zion_Zibly/publications