Cardiology treatment in Israel
Cardiology in Israel is one of the major areas of medicine. The latest developments and innovative techniques are applied at Herzliya Medical Center’s Department of Cardiology in the diagnosis and treatment of heart disease in adults and children. Experts in the field of cardiology in Israel apply modern medical treatment protocols that can prevent the need for invasive intervention, while maintaining the functionality of the heart for years to come.
Why Choose Cardiology at HMC
- Leading cardiologists Israel with specialization in the treatment of specific diseases of the heart
- Advanced diagnostic equipment
- Support of a personal English-speaking coordinator throughout the process of diagnosis and treatment
- Close cooperation with the Department of Cardiac Surgery and option for surgery in the shortest possible time
Diagnosis of Heart Disease at HMC
The hospital’s diagnostics department uses high-precision non-invasive methods for the study of the heart, including:
- Diagnosis of abnormal heart rhythm or arrhythmias (ECG, Holter monitor test, etc.)
- Echocardiography - ultrasound of the heart to diagnose functional ability, as well as to determine the structural and anatomical abnormalities of valves, myocardium and pericardium
- Ventriculography - a kind of X-ray imaging test with the introduction of contrast medium into the left ventricular cavity. This method allows evaluation of the contractile function of the heart ventricles, condition of the heart valves, as well as detecting the presence of ischemia or hypertrophy of the heart muscle
- Computed tomography of the heart (cardioscan) - a non-invasive method for studying the coronary vessels is an alternative to cauterization
- Ergometry (stress test) - a study of cardiac function during physical stress and medication, allowing to diagnose latent (hidden) state of coronary insufficiency
- Modern laboratory studies of enzymatic and hormonal activity, as well as tests to diagnose inflammatory processes and anomalies in lipid metabolism
Specialist Center: The Arrhythmia Clinic at HMC
Cardiac arrhythmias greatly affect the function of the heart and are often life threatening. The vast majority of disorders of the cardiac conduction system (responsible for normal heart rhythm), lends itself to modern medical treatment. A competent individual selection of antiarrhythmic drugs and the necessary dosage eliminates the risk of side effects and promotes long-term compensation of cardiac activity. Experts in the field of cardiology in Israel, in cooperation with the HMC, continually follow developments in the field of pharmacology and prescribe patients the latest, most effective drugs that reduce clotting ability of the blood, as well as prevent thrombotic complications in patients with atrial fibrillation. When required, surgical treatment is assigned to patients in the form of ablation and pacemaker.
Treatment of Heart Failure at the Department of Cardiology
Heart failure is a serious complication of many diseases, causing the weakening of the contractile function of the heart muscle. This heart disease is progressive in nature, leading to severe disability. Worsening symptoms result in heart failure, which is life threatening.
Experts at Herzliya Medical Center establish the exact cause of disease and appoint highly effective treatments that can prevent progression and worsening of symptoms. The unique rehabilitation program for patients suffering from heart failure, allow restoration of lost functions and return to physical activity. The hospital carries out both intensive care and outpatient monitoring of patients in a stable phase of the disease.
Treatment of Coronary Heart Disease at Herzliya Medical Center
The cardiology department of the clinic diagnose and successfully treat coronary heart disease (CHD), which is a consequence of atherosclerotic lesions of the coronary vessels. Drug therapy is administered before minimally invasive heart surgery or coronary artery bypass surgery and in the postoperative period. Depending on the patients status of condition, conservative treatment is the primary method of ensuring eliminating (or improving) clinical symptoms, allows the patient to return to an active lifestyle. Particular focus to normalize lipid metabolism, in order to prevent further progression of atherosclerosis that may further lead to myocardial infarction.
Treatment of Heart Herzliya Medical Center: Inflammatory Diseases and Cardiomyodystrophy
Specialists in the field of cardiology in Israel utilize a wide range of high-precision tools and laboratory methods for diagnosis of inflammatory and degenerative processes of the heart. Cardiologists at Herzliya hospitals specialize in the treatment of diseases such as:
- Myocarditis (inflammation of the lining of the heart muscle - infarction), including infectious, autoimmune and toxic origin. The use of highly efficient antibacterial and anti-inflammatory therapy to prevent irreversible myocardial changes and the development of heart failure
- Endocarditis (inflammation of the endocardium). The danger of the disease lies in the involvement of the valves and the development of acquired heart defects. Early treatment prevents progression of inflammation and reduce the likelihood of recurrent process
- Pericarditis (inflammation of the external serous membrane - the pericardium). The disease is accompanied by accumulation of serous fluid in the bag surrounding the heart, followed by fibrotic changes that prevent proper functioning. Modern causal and pathogenetic therapy of pericarditis can successfully manage the clinical manifestations of the disease and prevent the development of secondary changes
- Cardiomyopathy (myocardial degeneration) is a serious, progressive disease of the heart, leading to irreversible changes and significant reduction in functional capacity. Late diagnosis and inappropriate treatment of cardiomyopathy can lead to decompensated heart failure requiring organ transplantation. Cardiologists at Herzliya Medical Center will determine the exact form of the disease, selecting the necessary treatment and preserving the function of the myocardium
Conservative Treatment of Heart Disease at HMC
The most effective treatment of congenital and acquired heart diseases is dependent on disease severity, age of the patient, presence of secondary changes, and comorbidities, all of which increase the risk of surgery. Conservative therapy of heart diseases is an integral part of complex treatment, and in inoperable cases, the only method to achieve a compensation of heart failure symptoms. Optimum treatment will permanently preserve the strength of the heart muscle by preventing deterioration and development of decompensation symptoms.
The team of cardiology experts at Herzliya Medical Center uses an individual treatment approach for each patient.
Cardiologists consider all factors that may positively influence a patient’s prognosis and meticulously plan the course of treatment of chronic heart disease. The High professional level and experience of good practices at HMC help to ensure a favorable outcome of the overwhelming majority of diseases and functional disorders of the heart in all patients.